Mini-UWC Online Program 2020 will follow the tradition of the Mini-UWC of the past years to provide a rich and interesting learning experience for campers, with academic lectures, interactive discussions and many other well designed activities. UWC alums will be invited as Guest Speakers to share their experience in project-building. Counselors will also conduct daily Q&A sessions and distribute learning materials to support campers during the process of developing their own social projects and receive timely feedback.
What is different this year is that campers need to first learn project building related knowledge and basic skills online and then apply them to real life problem solving. They will present their project plans at the end of the camp as a group or an individual. UWC alums will also share their own projects as case studies with the campers. It will be a challenging and innovative learning process.
The “Six Major Skills” for Project Development
In the one-week online course, campers will gradually learn the six skills that counselors have summed up to develop their own social projects:
1. Problem Identification: Identifying issues in one’s daily life which solutions can be found to make a change
2. Problem Solving: Looking for breakthroughs and ways to solve the problems identified
3. Project Planning: Based on the problems identified and solutions, build a structure for your social project
4. Communication: Learning ways to effectively communicate your ideas with others and building a closely connected team
5. Resource Management: Understanding the importance of resource management and properly allocating human， material and financial resources and time
6. Publicity: Gaining knowledge on your project’s branding and how to deliver your concept to as many people as possible
Special Application Mechanism
This year's application will provide campers with three options. The first option is to sign up as an individual and decide to complete the project design independently under the guidance of a counselor. The second option is to collectively sign up with classmates or friends you know offline and indicate that your team will together complete the project development process. The third option is to sign up individually but still want to form a project team with other campers. You can choose your own option when applying.
Media for Program：Zoom
Age limit：15-18（8th grade-10th grade）
Program Fee：100 RMB
Application link: http://dxwx3aq7tjaess2o.mikecrm.com/FCVKj7Z
You can also apply through scanning the QR code below：
WeChat Official Account: UWC行动使者ASAP
Read More about：Mini-UWC